Statement of Intent
This policy sets out how I at Tammy Foley Hypnotherapy use and protect the information that you provide when you use my services and my website
It is my intention to ensure that any data you provide is managed respectfully, kept secure and only used for the purposes for which it has been provided.
This policy will be updated from time to time in line with prevailing legislation.
When you contact Tammy Foley Hypnotherapy via the website, phone or email I will collect your:
What I do with this information
I use this information in order to contact you about appointments and to help you to achieve your goals in therapy.
During your Initial Consultation I will ask for
Your name, address, telephone and email contact details so that I may contact you during the time we are working together. I will also ask questions about your occupation/education, health, pastimes and what you wish to achieve with the help of Solution Focused Hypnotherapy. These questions help me to get to know you better and formulate the therapy sessions.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations which are effective from 25th May 2018 you have the following rights:
The GDPR includes the following rights for individuals:
- the right to be informed (which is why I have produced this policy).
- the right of access (if you wish to see your file then please make a request in writing to Tammy Foley, the Data Processor. I will provide you with the information within 30 days of your request).
- the right to rectification (this is your right to request changes to any information I hold that is factually inaccurate. If you believe any of the information I hold about you is incorrect then please let me know as soon as possible and I will make the appropriate changes
- the right to erasure (given the nature of our work I am required to hold our details for a period of 7 years, after this your information will be securely destroyed.)
- the right to restrict processing (I will only use the information for the purposes that we have stated: most standards of confidentiality applied in professional contexts are based upon the Common Law concept of confidentiality where the duty to keep confidence is measured against the concept of “greater good”.
- the right to data portability: I will not share your information, other than in the situations described above, without your specific consent.
- the right to object (I will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given me specific agreement to do so)
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling (I will not use your information for profiling purposes).
Webcam sessions/Live video meetings
Where sessions are conducted via webcam e.g. Zoom – we may record the session/meeting with the client’s consent. The recording is stored securely and provided for the client to use as a future reference.
Website and social media
We will only publish material related to clients following consent. This includes images and testimonials and will be removed by request.
Cookies are small files which ask permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive so that I can analyse web traffic to my site. Through this I can see which of my website’s pages are being viewed and are of interest. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can modify your setting to decline them if you prefer. If you choose to do this you may find you cannot make full use of my website.